Holy Cross Cemetery & Funeral Center FD683
In February 1931, Bishop Charles D. White established Holy Cross Cemetery as a non-profit Cemetery Association for the Catholic Diocese of Spokane. With the first interments made in September of that year, Holy Cross replaced another local cemetery and its 1888 agreement with Father Cataldo as the area’s official Catholic burial ground.
As part of the Catholic Church, each parish historically has its own cemetery located
in and around the church building. However, when it became evident that Spokane’s growing metropolitan area needed more space, Holy Cross Cemetery was established as a diocesan cemetery serving all Spokane-based parishes.
Services & Features
Holy Cross Cemetery covers close to 77 acres, with development in approximately 40 of those acres. Four hundred burials, entombments and interments take place each year, adding to the cemetery’s existing 28,000 burials.
To enhance our ministry, a Catholic Funeral Home was added in September 2013. Now, families can complete all immediate or advanced planning funeral and burial services in a single visit with CFCS (Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services). For more information about our funeral and cemetery services, please contact us at (509) 467-5496.